Not SCD or Paleo Chocolate Peeps. While following SCD I allow myself 1 cheat. I am not recommending this and of course I only do this in moderation and only once in a blue moon. My cheat is cocoa. I have it rarely on chocolate filled holidays. The holidays when you walk into a grocery store and you are face with shelf after shelf of chocolate. The holidays when the air smells like chocolate.
While visiting Michael’s craft store with my daughter I saw a Peep silicone mold. I picked it up and decided to make Peep chocolate. The recipe turned out delicious. The chocolate does melt very fast, but it definitely hits the spot. Putting the chocolate in the Peep mold makes for big pieces. They definitely aren’t pieces you can pop in our mouth. The chocolate peeps take several bites to actually finish.
Not SCD Paleo Chocolate Peeps (Adapted from Paleo Mom’s Chocolate-Walnut Fudge)
- 1/4 Cup coconut oil (I used expeller pressed)
- 1/4 Cup butter
- 1/2 cup cocoa butter
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1 cup of cocoa powder
- Melt all the ingredients together except the cocoa powder
- Once the ingredients are melted whisk in the cocoa powder. Continue to whisk until everything is thoroughly combined.
- Pour into molds and put in refrigerator until solid.
- If using a silicone mold, make sure you put it on a cookie sheet. I made the mistake of not doing this and had a chocolate accident.