My yummy lunch for today. Prior to starting SCD I loved broccoli salad. I loved the creamy sweet dressing, the bacon and of course the yummy broccoli. I don’t know why it has taken me almost 3 years to try to adapt a recipe for SCD but it did. I think that it was because I finally had a bunch of broccoli and a batch of homemade mayonnaise made at the same time. The adaption turned out great! The recipe I adapted was Bodacious Broccoli Salad from Allrecipes.com. I made this for dinner last night along with rotisserie chicken and today it is even better after the broccoli has sat in the dressing all night.
SCD Broccoli Salad adpated from Bodacious Broccoli Salad from Allrecipes.com.
- 4 cups of broccoli cut
- 3 slices of cooked bacon (If I had more cooked I would have used more bacon)
- 1 cup of cubed cheddar (cube your own do not buy cubed on SCD)
- 1/4 onion diced
- 1/8 cup of red wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 2 TBS of honey
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise (make sure it is homemade for SCD)
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- Mix the vinegar, honey, black pepper, salt and lemon juice together.
- Add the mayonnaise.
- in a separate bowl toss the broccoli, bacon, cheddar and onion together.
- Pour the dressing over the broccoli mixture and then mix it all together.